Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
· "Personal Data"
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you and will include:-
· details you entered upon registration of your account i.e. your name, address, email address and telephone number.
Any details entered in regard to payment is not collected or stored by us. We have no access to your credit card information. Our payments page is operated by a third party provider, Realex Payments.
· "Non-Personal Data"
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
Purposes for which we hold your Information
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
You are always free to decline our cookies, if your browser permits, or to ask your browser to indicate when a cookie is being sent. You can also delete cookie files from your computer at your discretion. Note that if you decline our cookies or ask for notification each time a cookie is being sent, this may affect your ease of use of this website.
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
To contact you if required in connection with your account or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
What we do with the information we collect
We require this information for the operation of the Site and to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. In particular, we may use or disclose your information for the following reasons:
- We may use this information for our administration, record keeping and in connection with any payment.
- We may disclose this information where required by law to do so.
- We may disclose this information to law enforcement, government officials or courts where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate.
- We may disclose this information where we believe that disclosure is necessary and proportionate for the protection of the legitimate interests of ourselves or of a third party
We will not otherwise disclose, sell or distribute your personal information to any third party without your permission.
Certain data such as your password will never be disclosed. You are responsible for keeping your password confidential and for all activities that occur under your password or account. Please let us know immediately of any unauthorised use of your password, or any other breach of security.
Your Personal Data is held on secure servers. The nature of the Internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the Internet. No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. However, we will take all reasonable steps to protect your Personal Data.
Collection and use of technical information
Technical details in connection with visits to the Site are logged by our internet service provider for our statistical purposes. No information is collected that could be used by us to identify website visitors. The technical details logged are confined to the following items:
- The IP address of the visitor's web server the top-level domain name used (for example .i.e., .com, .org, .net).
- The type of web browser used by the website visitor.
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
We also use outside providers for web-site statistics. Please note that to provide statistics these use visitors’ IP addresses but do not have access to users’ usernames or email addresses. The primary provider we use is Statcounter. You can find further information on the information which it collects at http://www.statcounter.com.
We promise to only use your data in complete accordance with the following conditions:
- We may aggregate your data for disclosure to advertisers or business associates for promotion and marketing purposes. By way of example, we may disclose to an advertiser the percentage age groups of our members but in such an event we undertake to ensure that no such data could be used to personally identify you.
- We may access your account for technical processing and to address technical problems or service complaints.
- We may transfer this information to enable an external auditor to verify our traffic figures.
We will make no attempt to identify individual visitors, or to associate the technical details listed above with any individual.
It is our policy to never disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party, unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law.
You should note that technical details, which we cannot associate with any identifiable individual, do not constitute "personal data" for the purposes of the Data Protection Acts 1988 -2003.